View Single Post
Old
12-19-2010, 11:43 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I could see Sully getting a 1 year deal around $2.5 mil

Smithson and Ward could be done, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Smithson brought back for 2 more years.

O'Reilly is an enigma. Hornqvist had his good season, and turned it into a 3 year 9 million deal, will we do the same for Cal?
I think it just depends on how the rest of the season plays out.

Cal O has been a somewhat surprise, but if you compare his numbers to other #1 centers in the league, there is no comparison. If he drops to a #2 center and his icetime/PP dip, his .5ppg will drop that much more. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but he shouldn't get anywhere close to 3 million. I'm thinking more like 1.3m. In all honesty, he doesn't belong as a first line NHL center.

Unfortunately, we've faced this too many times in our franchise. Players get prime icetime out of the default, and they put up decent, but not good numbers. See Ward, Legwand, Erat, etc. We then shell out more money than their worth, because they put up good numbers in Predator standards. So we count on these guys to carry us offensively, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't really have what it takes to carry us in the post-season. I feel the same way about O'Reilly.

Sullivan is another one. He was on the wavier wire, then deemed expendable by a bad Chicago team, then he was given prime-time ice time here. He's done well by Predator standards, but the end result for the team is average.

We need to take a line from Beyonce-- Let me upgrade u. But due to budget, and Poile's lack of creativity, I don't see that happening. So unless Sullivan has a big set back health-wise, I wouldn't be shocked to see him back on 1st line next year, even though we need an upgrade.

Last edited by dulzhok: 12-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote