Thread: News Article: Hockey News Phaneuf-Stajan trade
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Fan 4 Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i wasn't guaging his market value by one stat... it was simply 1 example... but 50+ point players making 3.5 million is market value... whether its 5 goals and 45 assists or the 15 goals and 35+ assists he usually puts up
Okay and to say he is at market value for 3.5 is fine. My only issue was this...

Quote:
or how about this... of the players with 45+ assists last season not one player is making less than Stajan... in fact only 2 of them are making under $5 million and none under $4.5 million
...you can't tell me you weren't trying to use his projected assists to show that he is actually on a deal of a contract. You clearly put him on the level of these other 45+ assist players and then compare their salaries to make a point, he isn't on any of those players levels, therefore the point you tried to make there just isn't accurate.

You can certainly make arguements that 3.5 million for Stajan is market value based on other players at his level.

Again, just to be clear, my issue is that you directly compared Stajans salary against Lecavliers, Kopitars, Koivus, Perrys, and Getzlafs to try and show that Stajan makes less then other players of equal talents as Stajan. Stajan, simply put, is not as good as those players.

Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote