View Single Post
Old
12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsApple View Post
If they do nothing, and continue on with the Sutter philosophy of just trying to make the playoffs at all costs.... it "could" potentially be closer to a decade.
I'd agree this team needs to rebuild, and I'm hoping that the new year is when it happens. The problem is that New Jersey might be unloading their roster as well, so Calgary is going to need to have a wholesale before New Jersey does in order to capitalize on teams willing to make moves. But New Jersey might be willing to admit defeat sooner, as there's little chance they can climb the standings, and I don't see Daryl Sutter willing to admit defeat. I hope Sutter swallows his pride and decides to go into rebuild. Maybe he'll get some picks, and maybe he'll trade Iggy to a cup contending team. And then hopefully we see a managment change after the regular season and before the draft.

A few good trading partners to look at is Nashville, L.A, Colorado (if they finally realize they're no longer rebuilding), Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Columbus, Buffalo, and Atlanta. All these teams are contenders with some space. I'd throw in Dallas and Pheonix as well, but I'm not sure if either team is still experiencing ownership/financial issues. I'm not sure about Atlanta and Tampa Bay because both teams are doing very well (cup contenders), but they're both cheap and in poor markets.

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote