Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Dale Weise up from the Whale
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
I am going to string together my 64th concequtive negative post, and say that Weise was pretty so-so.

To put it like this, he is now like where a Clarkson was 4 years ago.

Nah, I like Weise. He was a very good draft pick. He will become what we make of him. If we have room and if we invest in him, I could definitely see him becoming even better then say a Prust is today. The kid have something in him, and I've said that for a long time.

At the same time, I am a little dissapointed in the fact that he looked a little further away overall then I had expected. This kids chances to get a crack in the NHL could come far apart, because when everyone is healthy, he is pretty far from cracking our top 13 even -- today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
I dunno i think you're just being biased for MZA and throwing a lot more negative criticism than makes sense here.

I'm DYING to see MZA play but I can still at least see that Weise deserves a call up and that his game fits exactly with what the team is doing right now. MZA is finally hitting his stride in AHL but could probably use another dozen games or so.
But I do not dissagree one bit with that. Not at all.

The problem, thats that we have like 10-11 forwards who fits perfectly into what we are trying to do in NY.

Look at Philly, does Ville Leino fit into what they are trying to do? A soft, slow, finesse euro. Kimmo Timmonen? A really small finesse D?

Our roster lacks creativity.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote