View Single Post
Old
12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
EShack

vCash: 500
Hey guys, I posted this shot in the other thread, and didn't see this one. I just built this for the first time this year, I thought I might share a little info on how to save some cash. I looked at the NiceRink liners and a few other brands, but I found some stuff called Dura-Skrim that worked fine. It's construction material, basically a vapor barrier but designed to be nailed and stapled for people working outdoors that want to avoid the wind. Most stuff rips, but this material has fabric strands in it to make it more durable.

I picked up a 100'x40' roll for about $250. I got mine at a concrete supply house, I'm guessing a similar establishment anywhere in the country would have it. If you live in a region where backyard rinks aren't too common you might want to do a little research before you go, the guys at the counter knew exactly what I wanted as soon as I mentioned a backyard rink, apparently they sell tons of it for that purpose. Otherwise I might not have gotten the right stuff.

EShack is offline   Reply With Quote