View Single Post
Old
12-20-2010, 08:39 AM
NikC

vCash: 500
Is Avery Finished with the NYR?

What do you think is going on with Avery? During his first stint with the NYR he absolutely electrified the
team at the time. His energy, attitude ,and antics woke up Jagr, Shanny, etc. when they were in the dumps and
could not get anything going. We have seen what Avery Unleashed can do for a team in the past.

I am totally convinced that Tortorella despises the game that makes Avery effective and has totally neutered him.
You can argue that when Torts gives Avery ice time, he doesnít do much with it, but I feel as though Avery is playing
With NO margin for error. I realize that Torts has said publicly that he did NOT tell Avery to change his game, but
You canít deny that Avery is doing none of the things that made him effective here in NY anymore.

He should have been the catalyst to usurp the Flyers this past Saturday, like he used to be in the past, instead he just
Took his obligatory bad penalty and faded away for the rest of the game. Overall it seems evident that he is the type of player that the coach has no use for. Itís just a shame because the old Avery could really be a factor on a team with not much talent.

Does anyone agree? Do you see Avery being fazed out?

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote