View Single Post
Old
12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
JVR if he turns into the player I think he needs to turn into can sit and bang in so many goals from Carter rebounds that he could hit 40. However, like Leclair, Knuble, Neely and almost all other power forwards - you need to let that physical frame to develop. As long as he develops into a frame that is physically dominant - he will be a dominant power forward. 20 year old future power forwards rarely are able to dominate 30 year olds in the NHL physically, it takes 3-5 years. Think Vancouver would take back the Neely trade? Think Montreal wishes they never traded Leclair one year too early?

Noboby should be looking to JVR to score 30 goals yet. Give him time. We need to be patient if we want the benefits we need to live with the growing pains.
Every team has many trades they wish they could take back. I dont see him being a power forward despite his size. That is ok as well. I think they are going to try to make him something he isnít or doesnít want to pay the price to be. He will always get a bad rap among flyers fans because they see his size and think right away he should be a physical force. Therian went throught he same thing despite being a very solid dman for many years. It wasnít his game and I donít think it id jvrís game. Could he change, sure but that is something imo you have or donít have already. He doesnít have to be a power forward to have a successful career or contribute to this team.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote