View Single Post
Old
12-20-2010, 01:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
YES intangibles...we are counting on him filling out and becoming strong on the puck, the next "John LeClair" - I am saying that I'm betting he won't be that, and he MAY end up being a late bloomer but when u pick a #2 (which richards and giroux weren't)...u hope and EXPECT them to be closer to Patrick Kane/Sid Crosby/Ovechkin...not Horton (via Florida Panthers years)...so by the time he REALIZES his potential, we probably won't have him, so take what you can get now.
JVR is much closer to being a Jeff Carter that is a better passer and a lesser shooter than he is to ever being like John LeClair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
And I never wanted Giroux gone...Giroux's pre-Flyers years in the canadian junior system are impressive, JVR's brief stint with college hockey (if he is so good why UNH?) is less than impressive and I do think he could stand to play with more heart. None of his characteristics point to what you should get for a #2 overall.
You realize that JVR was really the only player at UNH, and led his team into the playoffs while there as the only player at UNH. People make too much of production value per peers and ignore the realistic reason why such production exists. If people realized that stats are a compliment to help you judge what you see with your own eyes instead of a reality in and of themselves, we'd have a lot more rational people on this board.

You keep bringing up the fact that he's 2nd overall.

Did you know Hartnell was 6th overall? That Zherdev was 4th?

Did you know Parise was 17th and Gagne was 22nd?

Position doesn't matter. The player is what the player is.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote