View Single Post
Old
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
They weren't our best line that is the thing. Jokinens line was probably the best and Iggy and Tanguay were playing fine. Its bad coaching when you your putting your 4th line out down 3 goals in the 3rd. I don't care how well they played earlier in the game you put out the players who give you a better chance of winning and Kostopolous, Jackman and Moss are the last guys I would put out their.
Sutter has been this teams coach for a year and half now, and obviously he knows better than anyone that there is a fundamental problem with this team. I am in agreement with Sutter's coaching decision to reward more minutes to the 4th line. To me this says that he is not concerned with being short sighted to win "a" game, and that he is more concerned with the big picture in trying to motivate "key" players on the Flames, hence the recent benchings of certain players on the team.

I think alot of his moves he has done as of late have been done out of desparation in trying to get guys going. Like sending out 5 defenceman on the PP, benching key individuals, cutting peoples ice time, and calling out players in the media. What he is trying to accomplish is getting rid of the "country club" atmosphere that this team has, and trying to re-establish an identity of a team that out works their opposition for a full 60 minutes.

Not to say he is trying to throw a game to send a message, but he is taking drastic measures at this point to change the culture and identity of this team which should transpire in a more consistent play for the Flames down the stretch if all goes according to plan.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote