View Single Post
Old
06-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
I think I'd rather have Zero Cigar and Dave Krapa back...But seriously, If I had the choice between another year of hockey with Mess on the Rangers or another lockout year, I'd take the latter..I never want to see Messier's cro mag mug on garden ice ever again...Unless it's a "Thank you" night....Sorry, I've had my fill of the old and just want to get on with a new era...

It has nothing to do with Messier's on ice ability even though, and with another year of age, it will most probably have deteriorated a little more...It's because he has provided zero leadership and zero mentoring for youngsters over the last few years---why should it change--- and the team needs leaders to stay and develop as the team does...This team needs to start over from scratch..It needs to be Renney's team, not Ren and Messy's...For whatever reason (earned or not), players and coachers will defer to Mess and it will stall the development of the team...That is not Mess's fault, but it will still happen as long as he's around..Remove the temptation and adolation completley...

All this being said, knowing Sather and some of the things he's hinted at, Mess will indeed be back foir another year to help usher in the rebirth of hockey in New York!!! And to mentor Sidney Crosby...