View Single Post
Old
12-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
All I have hope for now is a high draft pick, and a new GM announcing that pick at the draft.
Me and you are on the same page I think on how the Flames should be handled now going forward. The fan in me cheers for them to win games, but my common sense knows that the most long term beneficial thing to do is rebuild.

After Columbus their schedule starts to get harder with games against Dallas and Colorado. I expect them to be at the bottom of the Western conference at months end. If that happens, I think we will see D. Sutter fired after the New Years game if the Flames lose to the Avs (this will be my Christmas wish anyways).

Another thing to consider is the Oilers are also among the bottom feeders of the Western conference right now as well. I think it is imparative that we finish below them in the standings this season (which is likely because their play has been much better lately). If they get another top 3 pick and we don't, we are going to be that much further behind them in terms of a rebuild. They already have so much dam young talent, I could not stand to see them walk away with another gem of a draft pick and we don't.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote