Old
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
On May 10, 2010, Boucher was once again injured in a playoff game against the Bruins. Leighton stepped in for his first ever NHL playoff action to continue Boucher's shutout, with the Flyers ultimately winning 40.[15] Leighton then started and won the next two games, helping the Flyers to become only the third team in NHL history to come back from an 03 deficit and win a series.[16]

In the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals against the Montreal Canadiens, Leighton allowed only seven goals in five games, posting three shutouts as the seventh-seeded Flyers advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals against his former team, the Chicago Blackhawks. Leighton started all six games of the Final series, though Boucher finished Game One, a 65 Blackhawks win, and Game Five, a 74 Blackhawks win. Boucher was the losing goalie of record in both games. Leighton struggled in the finals, posting a goals against average of 3.96 and a save percentage of 0.876 as Chicago defeated Philadelphia four games to two.

The finals was the only time during the playoffs where Leighton LOOKED human.Besides that,he HELPED the Flyers get to the promised land.
Except for the Boston game 7 when he immediately allowed 3 goals, and game whatever in the Montreal series.

Leighton isn't the answer, and he's an expensive not-answer. Boosh is doing just fine for cheaper. I wouldn't mind dumping him, yet at the same time I do because I have less faith in Backlund.