View Single Post
Old
12-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I just hope Peks can bounce back from his knee injury faster than he seemed to bounce back from his previous (groin? I don't recall) injury. He looked shaky the first few starts back last time, and I'm pretty sure that's when our losing streak began. We can't afford another streak like that.
Rinne hurt his knee in the season opener. Haven't received confirmation, but I do believe it was also that same knee that was scoped a couple weeks ago. Pekka was playing through something, it wasn't 100% and he still had pain in that knee from my observations at practices, but was playing through that pain and doing so very well. That's why the comment he made last week to Bryan Mullen of the TNn that he was close to 100% already, but had absolutely no pain in his knee was such a relief.

To coincide with that earlier streak, that was the same time that we lost Goc vs. Washington and I've pointed out repeatedly what happened when we only had two of our four opening night centers available...essentially the offense was averaging 1.5 goals per game. We lost a lot of 1 goal games during that stretch due to the inability to score 2-3 goals per night, but it was the strength of the goaltending that allowed us to force OT/SO's and pickup those valuable "loser" points and stay in the race, while also being unable to win...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote