View Single Post
Old
12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
piper

vCash: 500
Wow, everyone here is so helpful and supportive! Beth, I will definitely join the noob thread. It's good to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to give this a try.

I e-mailed the two women's teams closest to me. I heard back from one that told me to take a learn to skate class first and then think about joining a league. Haven't heard back from the other one yet, but they both play in the MAHWL league that seems to be almost like a semi-pro league, so that's not an option for me at this point.

I'm from upstate NY originally where hockey is a main sport and I learned to skate in my backyard on figure skates. That was many years ago though so I'm sure I've forgotten how to skate. I will look into taking a skating class while I'm on vacation next week. The HNA league doesn't start until late January so I have some time to get ready.

Skraut, thanks for the info on the HNA. It sounds like a good league. It's been around for years so it must have a good reputation. It must have been amazing learning from an ex-pro!

piper is offline   Reply With Quote