View Single Post
Old
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Chairman Ed Snider Appears On Comcast SportsNet's Daily News Live

Quote:
Barkann: You had to be happy with the way the Philadelphia Phantoms performed in the Calder Cup Playoffs.

Snider:
“It was absolutely amazing. Over 20,000 fans showed up for the final game at the Wachovia Center, which set an all-time attendance record in the American Hockey League.”

Barkann: Bob Clarke was on the show recently and he said that the Flyers can have as many as eight players from the Phantoms make the Flyers' roster next season. That has to sound pretty encouraging for you.

Snider:
“It is very encouraging. It helps us with whatever happens with the salary cap because these young players will just be starting out.”

Barkann: That is assuming there is going to be a season. Is there going to be a season?

Snider:
“There is going to be a season. Negotiations are ongoing. You know as much as I do. The bottom line is they (NHL and NHLPA) are meeting six to eight hours a day. They are not wasting each other’s time. Something is going to happen and I have my fingers crossed that something is going to happen soon.”

Flyers