BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
Reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:

We love Lappy.
2 Corinthians 11:23-27
Quote:
I speak as if insane—I more so; in far more labors, in far more imprisonments, beaten times without number, often in danger of death. 24Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. 25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. 26I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; 27I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.
Yeah, I could see Paul (apostle) as a big fan of Laperriere's.

At the deadline, hopefully Bob keeps on being great, and Holmgren has chosen between Leighton and Boucher. If Bob falters, ... I don't even want to think of the scenarios. I so want Leighton to break out and have a happy career with some other organization, maybe fall in love with Russian culture and be a breakout KHL star, so his family can live wonderful, blissful lives and be financially secure forever and ever.

But not in Philadelphia. His volatility must be avoided on a team that will be gunning for the Cup. Just stop it, Paul Holmgren; you have the power. You the heck know what to do! It is what you want it to be! So what are you going to do?

EDIT: I nominate Michael Leighton to be the Flyers version of Wally Pipp.

Last edited by BernieParent: 12-21-2010 at 10:57 PM.