View Single Post
Old
12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I agree. And while I can't stand a lot of what Crosby does, I will always remember one thing he did when he took the Stanley Cup to Halifax. My daughter teaches kids with special needs (physical and developmental) and one of her little guys was in the hospital. Sid took time out of that crazy day, and took the Cup to the Childrens' Hospital and visited with the kids for an hour or two. No one but the kids and their parents knew about the visit until a few hours after the visit was over. No press. No fans.
CharlieGirl - you have a friend for life. My son has cerebral palsy. You want to meet a true hero? Watch what my son has to do differently than the other kids daily. Sidney Crosby is a Penguin and I HATE THE PENGUINS!!!! However, he is the best player in the world without any question in my mind. Period. The guy is also a class act off the ice. One of the good guys, just happens to wear black and yellow. I hate the hell out of him in a Penguin jersey.......love the hell out of him in a Canada Jersey. Agreed CharlieGirl?

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote