View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm und Drang View Post
I hadn't seen much of the Kings this year, but I tuned in tonight to see Sturm's debut. I imagine I caught them at their best, but they look like a really fun team to watch - good puck possession and cycling, defensemen active in the attack, solid physicality, and plenty of offensive creativity. Kopitar put on a one man clinic in ways of taking the puck to the net effectively (power move on the backhand, forehand shot between the legs while cutting right, etc.).

I was happy to see Sturm skating well, and taking and dishing out some contact. As the game went on, he looked like he was well on his way to being back to his old self. I saw him get to the front of the net on the rush for a couple chances, which was part of his bread-and-butter in Boston.

I hope he finds a role in LA and can be effective for you. Between my interest in Sturm and the entertainment value, I think the Kings may find a regular spot on my Center Ice rotation.
This is a great post, and yeah you did catch them at their best tonight...they had a very strange road trip, trouncing Detroit, then just playing a horrid game against St. Louis. After getting reamed by Murray, they had a solid performance against a hot Nashville team and obliterated them 6-1. Then another really lackluster game against Chicago (they have our number this year), then this beauty. Everyone is saying this was their most solid 60 minutes of the year and I agree.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote