View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 09:56 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
As of right now you have to think of the situation the Preds are in right now. Center depth: O'Reilly, Goc, Legwand, Smithson, Spaling. In Milwaukee: Lundmark

Could the Preds use more Center depth? I think they could use one more but let us remember HOW the Preds use the Center position. Right now there really is only a true offensive minded center on the Preds with O'Reilly. Goc is a 2-way, Legwand is like a 3rd defenseman. Smithson is a classic 4th line center. If anything, Lombardi's injury filled the Preds need for balance. For the first time in a while, the lines, though not set in concrete, are pretty much set.

If anything, I would say if there was some spare cash laying around, upgrade a winger if you dare play with the chemistry to fill Sullivan's roster spot on the team next year.

When I was asking around on how to build a forward line, the main thing I heard was find two forwards who work well together and then find a forward to compliment them. I honestly think the Preds have found that. The Sully-O'Reilly line looks good. The Erat-Goc-SK line is pretty damn solid. The grind line of Smithson-Spaling is solid and then there are the spare parts.

I know it's the nature of sports fans to try and tweek and improve the lines like they are playing NHL '11 but in real life if you got something good, don't **** it up.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 12-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote