Old
12-22-2010, 11:12 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Is Hejda a better player than Giradi?
Overall, no. Hejda's contributions in the other team's zone are quite limited. Defensively? Yes.

Quote:
I didn't suggest trading for Hejda...when I purposed Peckham you guys all came back and said what a terrible player he was...i then said, if I suggest Hejda you guys would all be for that and it took off on how great a player he was.
I'm not all for trading for Hejda. Why would we trade for a guy who is an impending free agent that will be getting a raise when he doesn't fill any of our biggest needs? That doesn't change the fact that we have no need for Peckham.

Quote:
Even I, who knows nothing but goonery knows it would take more than Gilroy @ this point to land Hejda but do we need another defensive dman when we have the 9th ranked defense led by Rozsival
Our 9th ranked defense isn't led by Rozsival. It's led by Lundqvist, Staal, and Callahan, who breaks up more plays than any of our defensemen. But no one here said we needed Hejda. Just that Hejda, who you brought up, is a good player, and Peckham isn't.