Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Zuccarello Recalled!
View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Groin issue? Did something come out that i am missing? Sorry late to the party i know.
Here's what you missed - The Rangers were so desperate to have an elite player because of draft misses and dismal free agent signings that they went out and threw a boatload of money at the guy who has the most risk attached to him of any elite player in the world simply because he was a UFA. When the news broke of the signing it was initially reported at 5 years and 5.75 million per year which made sense because he was coming off a season where he played around 20 games and the other big signings in the offseason were in that same ballpark (Sedins, Cammelleri). At that price (with a "injury discount") it was a risky but necessary signing. Then the report changed to 5 years and 7.5 million per year. Great, now we just made an incredibly risky signing and gave him more money than all but 5 or so players in the league. Oh, and most Rangers fans will lead you to believe that he came here for some other reason besides money but that is hogwash. Sather was as desperate as they come and it was either going to be Heatley or Gaborik on Broadway. So he gave Gaborik more money than other teams were willing to.

So now we just have to cross our fingers that the man is not only able to be in the lineup, but that he can play at 100% of his abilities which we have not seen this year. Last year was the aberration. That's why he put up career high numbers.

I consider it a faulty blueprint when you go through all these growth years (bringing up and developing the youth), and then when they are finally a well oiled machine, the motor, the main cog, Mr. Gaborik, is rusty and worn-down.

Well done Glen.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote