View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Axxion89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post
bravo....

now ell me how many boys have had a meeting like that called about THEM?

And now she's gone I take it we can expect a meeting about the second worst( now first worst) player?

come on, you can't be THAT naive..

even with the "Changing" situation.. he might as well have tried the ol' "black people aren't smart enough to be coaches/quaterbacks trick...

I've coached for years, and I've had girls on my teams for years and somehow the kids have been able to handle themselves alot better than the adults.. most of the younger ones (sorry to dissappoint some) never actually get naked and hence we've had co-ed changing rooms.. once their bodies start changing its remarkeably easy to designate an extra locker room for them to change, then get back to the main one to be with their teammates (why do people act like rinks come with just TWO changing rooms in this day and age?)

I have NEVER EVER heard ONE child complain about the presence of a girl on his team (beyond the usual,.. coach she hit me too hard one... those lil girls can me mean, I tell ya )

A quick online search yields the sudden absence of mr atis' face book page and apparently people are showing their displeasure by encouraging each other to call whatever legal body supervises him in canada...

at least he'll know that not everyone has the same cave beliefs as him
I agree with the fact that the dad Atis, the guy who brought this up, has some of that my kids going to be in the NHL syndrome theres no doubt. Also, calling a parents meeting and drafting up the agenda was overkill but what I'm talking about is the hurt feelings part. My point is don't act all surprised when someone calls you out for not being good. I'm all for equal opportunity and boys play with girls but if you suck, your going to find out one way or another. Hell I've played a variety of sports as a kid and I was chubby and I have heard from parents and players "hey you suck" and "that kid sucks". I just keep rolling along (no pun intended). If you told me she was playing in a house league where standing mean nothing and this all happened, I'd agree 100% with popular opinion. Fact is this is competitive hockey in Toronto so if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, be it from parents or players. And nobody forced her to play on the boys team because clearly there was girls teams out there. So in my opinion, its a shame that the girl got her feelings hurt but life isn't fair and its life experiences like this that make people better people.

PS - She wasn't forced off the team, she made that choice herself

Axxion89 is offline   Reply With Quote