View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 500
The only real spots I could see being filled are a veteran 7th D man a legit back up goalie and a fourth line winger.

The backup goalie is the least of the worries. If Boosh can continue to play well then thats fine. But with our luck that isnt happening. Roloson would be ideal but I dont want to sell the farm for him considering hes 41.

A veteran 7th D man would be nice just in case one our top 6 dmen go down. Maybe someone you dont even have to trade for like Jay McKee or Kim Johnsson. We got very lucky last year with little to no injuries to our top 4. Right now I wouldnt trust Bartulis out there in the playoffs.

The fourth line winger would have to be somebody cheap. The trade for him would have to involve Carcillo. I may be the minority here but I actually really like Shelley. I think he deserves to play most nights. However I dont think he can help much when it matters most. Same thing with Carcillo. He got out of hand too many times last year. That could kill us in the playoffs. However Carcilo has some value. He has shown he can play pretty "well" with star guys like Richards and Gagne. I think we could get a good fourth liner for him. Someone like Winnik Sjostrom or LaRose. Or of course the solution could be as simple as calling up a guy like Kalinski.

Just some thoughts.