View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 07:51 PM
SJGoalie32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I would honestly have less of an issue with this if it was a request to remove her because she was a girl. You wanna say it's an all boys team or league, fine--there's plenty of leagues that do that and plenty of girls' leagues that do the same.

But this is bottom-level hockey for a bunch of 12 year olds and you're singling a kid out for not being talented enough. There is just no way that this idiot could ever justify that stance to me.

Seriously, what a gigantic freaking tool!

The gender discrimination crap is bad enough.....if the kid can play, then play.

Even still, as you say, I could PERHAPS be persuaded by the gender argument. I may not agree, but I definitely understand there is a place for single gender activities....opportunities for kids to get to interact with kids of their own gender, etc. Now, it would depend on the particulars such as the type of league, the existence of other girls in the league, the access to female teams/leagues, etc. I might not be persuaded, but at least that's an argument I'd be willing to entertain.

But calling a parents meeting to single out one specific player on a sub-.500 team in a low level youth league and specifically highlighting the poor play of one 12-year-old and going so far as to make a mission statement?!

I've heard and seen some crappy sports parents in my time, but that is a new all-time low.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote