Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Fixed.
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Speaking of Stories. Hovercraft, you can appreciate this. My Dad is 60 years old and has been a fan of the Habs his entire life. He is from Newfoundland so the thought of meeting an actual NHL hockey player is a big deal. So, a few years back me and my brother and Dad met up in Montreal to watch a game versus the Flyers.

Fast forward to afterwards. Me and my brother are rockin our Flyer jersey at the bar. Who is there? The Habs. So, Koivu and Turner Stevenson are standing next to my brother at the bar with noboby around so my brother says "Hey guys, sorry to bother you. My Dad flew all the way up from Newfoundland - would you sign his hat?".

Koivu "*** off"
My brother......shocked
He comes back and tells us what happened, we are shocked. Like really, what a tool.

Mark Recchi was a Flyer at the time and must have seen this (he was out with the Habs for a beer as he played with them a year or two earlier). He comes over, signs the hat, jokes it up with the old man, just a genuine good guy.

It was tough for him to cheer for his team wtih Koivu on the team after that. But all three of us will ALWAYS have a soft spot for Recchi. He made our night.
That's good to hear about Rex. He's always been one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Heres a great story about Mark Recchi in 2004. I just got married in Montreal(Im from Philly) and the wife and I are taking our honeymoon in the Poconos so im flying back to Philly. Anyway i check in and im sitting at the gate and theres noone around except another couple and we have a few hrs till the flight. So i look over and its Mark with his wife and i tell my wife who it is, etc. Im about to go over and his wife gets a phone call and start crying her eyes out, so i sit back down and wait for the action to settle. It settles down and i go over and introduce myself as a huge flyers fan, etc and he was really really nice and we talked about him signing with Pittsburgh, etc for an hour or so. My wife snapped a pic of me and him as well. When we landed in Philly, he took the time and say Congratulations again on getting married and treat her right! haha. Class act all the way.
Haha, that was nice of him, but I give ya credit: I don't think I would've gone up to him after his wife started crying!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote