View Single Post
Old
12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'd love to know how you settled on Tennessee. Are you overjoyed to see Vince "Bum" Young gone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'll take a frivolous stab: I'm assuming Charlie remembers a time when the Royals were actually a team worth paying attention to, and I'm sure George Brett is among her favorite players. If he played hockey, he would have been a Flyer.
Exactly right GKJ. I loved the late 70's/early 80's Royals teams. They lost to the friggen' Yankees in the ALCS three years in a row (when Reggie Jackson became Mr. October), and then finally beat them in 1980. We all know how that ended. I absolutely loved the way George played the game. He worked his butt off, and it wasn't a real game unless he was covered in dirt when it was over. A true warrior. I haven't followed baseball closely since the strike, and KC has hit hard times as a small market team -- they develop and supply all stars to the rest of the league these days.

As far as the Titans go, I liked the Houston Oilers. That continued when they moved to Tennessee, and then the Music City Miracle sealed the deal. Been a fan ever since. I was really hoping Young would be the quarterback they thought he'd be, but it's not to be. But damn, is Chris Johnson fun to watch!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote