Old
12-22-2010, 11:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Exactly right GKJ. I loved the late 70's/early 80's Royals teams. They lost to the friggen' Yankees in the ALCS three years in a row (when Reggie Jackson became Mr. October), and then finally beat them in 1980. We all know how that ended. I absolutely loved the way George played the game. He worked his butt off, and it wasn't a real game unless he was covered in dirt when it was over. A true warrior. I haven't followed baseball closely since the strike, and KC has hit hard times as a small market team -- they develop and supply all stars to the rest of the league these days.

As far as the Titans go, I liked the Houston Oilers. That continued when they moved to Tennessee, and then the Music City Miracle sealed the deal. Been a fan ever since. I was really hoping Young would be the quarterback they thought he'd be, but it's not to be. But damn, is Chris Johnson fun to watch!
I was thinking the same for the Titans. Figured you were an Oilers fan, and since you're not from Houston it wasn't as major of a deal that they moved.

Stupid Yankees.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote