Old
12-23-2010, 08:43 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Isles won't have any problem trading Roloson to the Flyers because he is 41 and they are a good number of years away from contending.

3rd rd pick & maybe a mid-tier prospect...cost could go up if CHI & TB make it a bidding war.

I don't think the Flyers even need to go after a guy like Manny. Jamal Mayers would be a solid 4th liner that can step in to takes F/Os. I think he has around 60% winning percentage. He makes less money and would be easier to acquire.
Exactly. And any trade that benefits us also hurts them since they play against us so often. Then again, if they're intent on keeping up the rebuild, losing might actually help, though that franchise is in trouble in more ways than one.

I like Malhotra because he can be a regular in our top-9 as opposed to being mainly a 4th liner. The biggest hurdle is trying to fit his salary, since the Nucks are closer to the cap than we are, but he has been a player that I've wanted for a long time. He's the perfect 3rd line center, but then we have plenty of top-9 centers.