Old
12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion89 View Post
She basically found out that a parent said that she wasn't good enough to play on special teams and should have ice time cut, he didn't say that she was the crappiest player of all time or that she was a overweight low life who would never amount to anything. That is what I would deem to be horrible and humiliating. Is it a shame this happened, yes. Should the dad be banned from the team, probably. Was she forced off, nope. You're 12 years old, thats an old enough age to be able to take criticism and get over it, if not, you shouldn't be playing competitive sports to be honest.

I know it sounds very mean to say that but if you play competitively, there are going to be people who are going to call you out. This girl's parents should have done some basic research to see how competitive the league she is playing in is. They should have told her the pros and cons of playing with a team full of boys when there are girls teams. And further more, they should have either shut the guy up when he mentioned that or called him out. If that was my kid, you bet he'd either been yelled at our knocked out.
Yeah with all due respect I am going to have to agree with another poster who said you don't what you are talking about because it's clear you don't when you think you can draw such a fine line in what is acceptable behavior by adults because humilating - and she was despite what you seem to think - a 12 year old child is not acceptable ever.