View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 07:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I'm not being critical, I'm just giving you my honest opinion. I guess you would rather me go around say "Tootoo will be rookie of year!!!!" "Lewgand will outscore Modano this year!!!!" "Even though I have only seen Zidlicky play a couple of preseason games, he will be the next Brain Rafalaski, FOR SURE!!!!!!"

That's just not me. I will give my honest opinion.

I have said many times that I think Legwand is a good player, but honestly, I don't think he will ever be dominant. After saying that, people get pissed off, so I go into detail why I think the way I do. People keep bringing it up. So it appears as though that's all I ever talk about. Other than that, I don't really know what you are talking when you say I'm so critical of every player on the team. I have said that Arkhipov has excellent offensive ability, but honestly, I don't know if he has the passion and battling-mindset to fully maximize his abilities. As I said, hopefully he will find "the fire." It's not being critical, it's giving an honest opinion.

But if you want, I will lie from now on. I will say that Zidlicky will be the next Brian Rafalski, eventhough I have only seen him a couple of times. I will say that Legwand will be next Mike Modano, when that's not what I really think. I will say that Tootoo will be the rookie of year, when I really have no basis of saying that. I will say that Arkhipov is a battler like Scott Stevens, when I really think his passion right now is low.
no one is looking for blind optimism. that's not how you're irritating everyone. in fact...in my opinion....that would be just as annoying as what you're doing. i've long had a hard time accepting anything that "securitybob" over on the np.com board says...because he decorates everything with roses and balloons. there's a such thing as being realistic...which i think most of us....myself, hipcheck, triggr, cssstranger, enoch, etc etc..are. you're NOT being realistic. you're, before even really seeing the team...sentencing them to some kind of 15 win, 300 ga, 160 gf season...in which the other teams offenses routinely blow by our "inexperienced defense" and legwand is lucky to get 15 goals. maybe that's your "honest opinion," but you need to be able to back it up with some hard facts...because...so far...all the evidence suggests you're wrong. worse yet...in the FACE of being proven wrong, you'll concede nothing. i'm not trying to unfairly single you out, it's just that it's getting hard for people to take you seriously...when you NEVER have a positive thing to say. no one likes a doomsayer...especially one that plays a broken record.