View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 07:52 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
no one is looking for blind optimism. that's not how you're irritating everyone. in fact...in my opinion....that would be just as annoying as what you're doing. i've long had a hard time accepting anything that "securitybob" over on the np.com board says...because he decorates everything with roses and balloons. there's a such thing as being realistic...which i think most of us....myself, hipcheck, triggr, cssstranger, enoch, etc etc..are. you're NOT being realistic. you're, before even really seeing the team...sentencing them to some kind of 15 win, 300 ga, 160 gf season...in which the other teams offenses routinely blow by our "inexperienced defense" and legwand is lucky to get 15 goals. maybe that's your "honest opinion," but you need to be able to back it up with some hard facts...because...so far...all the evidence suggests you're wrong. worse yet...in the FACE of being proven wrong, you'll concede nothing. i'm not trying to unfairly single you out, it's just that it's getting hard for people to take you seriously...when you NEVER have a positive thing to say. no one likes a doomsayer...especially one that plays a broken record.
Well, I just add to my previous post, you're just paying attention to what you want to pay attention to, as I have recently said that I think Johansson can score 30 goals if he stays healthy, Harntell could put up 20+ with the right ice time, Erat will bounce back if he's given the right opportunity, etc, etc.

Concerning the defense, none of us know what's going to happen over the first 20 real NHL games. It's speculation from all of us. I have been very adamant about adding another reliable, experienced NHL defenseman. I think you know my reasoning. I just don't forsee the starting roster of Brookbank-Timonen-Eaton-Schanbel-Zidlicky-unpracticed York as a reliable NHL defensive corps. I see that group as EXTREMELY questionable. You might say, "Oh, well we are having injury problems right now. That is beyond our control." I have expressed concern for defensive injuries from the beginning. Lastly, you are putting words in my mouth when you say that I've "sentenced them to some kind of 15 win, 300 ga, 160 gf season." Thatís the thing thatís most frustrating on the a message board, when people making up crap. I have expressed major concern for our defense, and like I said, all we can do right now is speculate. And yes, I will continue to honestly speculate.