View Single Post
Old
12-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
A 4th line of Sturm-Lewis-Poni isn't exactly intimidating....
Yes but on a team that lacks high end guys on the top 3 lines they provide speed, energy, two way hockey and a bit of skill. This will probably be the Kings 4th line in the playoffs as well. There are plenty of teams in the NHL that ice a 4th line like that.

The Kings just don't have the talent in the top 9 to waste the 4th line with Westgarth.

Westgarth's (-7) is the worst on the team, and the only other regular forwards playing as a minus are Richardson, Lewis and Clifford and while I don't have time to check I would assume since all three spent a good chunk of their time with Westgarth they may be + players when they play without him. Clifford and Lewis have been much better players this season when they aren't on a line with Westgarth, much like Richardson was when he wasn't with Ivanans last year.

If the Kings had a couple of soft 45-50 goal scorers in the top 2 lines maybe you could afford to waste an entire line, but I just don't see it at this point. And I think with Westgarth being a scratch 3 of the past 4 games TM is starting to see that.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote