Thread: Prospect Info: Isles Draft Pix in the WJC
View Single Post
Old
12-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Le Golie

vCash: 500
deHaan will be an integral part of Team Canada. He'll be counted on to produce offensively and lead the break-out. Canada's defence haven't been overly puck smart in the pre-tournament games and as a unit they've struggled with turnovers and poor decision making - deHaan hasn't been as erratic as Gudbrandson or Dupres but he's going to need to get better as the tournament goes on, which he probably will.

Cizikas will be a role player for Canada but appropriately enough, his role will be exactly what it will be in the NHL. He's a lower line energy player and leader so we'll see how he does. If he can be effective in that role during the tournament it bodes well for his future as a pro.

Nino is undoubtedly the heart and sould of the Swiss and as they did last year, they will sink or swim with him. He wasn't a factor in the pre-tournament game against Canada but the Swiss had very little puck possession all game.

Nelson will be the most interesting player for me. He stepped up and earned a spot in camp on a strong and deep team. I'm very hopeful for Nelson. He's going to be exposed to a level of hockey that is lightyears away from the high school hockey he was playing eight months ago but Team USA staff think he's ready and I can't wait to see what he shows us. His second goal in the last pre-tournament game was a thing of beauty - hopefully a sign of what's to come.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote