View Single Post
Old
12-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
By the way, fight fans can't stand Bruce Beaudreau for not dressing King most of the time but up front he still has Hendricks and Bradley and on the back end John Erskine plays tons of minutes....He has the luxury of having a few 30+ goal scorers like you said. The Kings don't have a John Erksine on the back end or a Sheldon Brookbank or a Douglas Murray or a Theo Peckham...another reason they have to dress Westy. We had a guy like that, his name was Sean O'Donnell and he's gone now.

Harrold, Drewiske, Doughty, Johnson, Scuderi and Martinez? That has to be the softest defense in the league. So not only can we barely clear anyone out in front of our own net, our forwards are getting pummeled down low...Clifford is becoming valuable because he is one of the few Kings besides Brown willing to go to the "hard" areas because of D man like this, which, we don't have either.
Brown does hold his own but I haven't seen Kopitar, Handzus, Poni, Simmonds get "pummeled" and Stoll, Williams, Lewis and Richardson more than hold their own. The only player that falls into your category is Smyth and he does a good enough job avoiding the corners because that is not where his game is at its best.

I think you are exaggerating to make a point. Just about every team that plays us comments after the game how hard and heavy we play and I am damn impressed by how our forwards both bring and take the contact down low.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote