View Single Post
Old
12-25-2010, 03:16 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Am I singling someone out that I'm unaware of?

The point is that there's a reason Torts is endearing to a portion of the fan base. Because of his ridiculous prodding and off color comments that so many fans are quick to throw out there.

You can expect that from casual fans when Gaborik doesn't score for a few games they start cursing his name and posting threads about what the hell is wrong with said player, but for a coach to constantly have that mentality with a player who has carried his team on his back is just wrong IMO.

Torts seems to have this set way about him when it comes to certain players. Avery and Gabby fall into that lot those players he loves to take shots at. I'm not going to be surprised if Hank gets thrown in there next if he continues to play below the level that we've all been accustomed to seeing from him.

But if you're Brandon Prust you're off limits from criticism. (And yes, I love Prust and this team as a whole...just have no idea what Torts' deal is when it comes to his comments about players.)

I quoted Brooks' part in the article because I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices it constantly and thinks it's ridiculous.
Well that coach's approach turned Lecavilier from an intitled primadonna into a hard working and dedicated star. You might not like his methods but you can't knock his success. I couldn't stand the Tom Renney 'best friends' approach and I think we are seeing a much different, much more accountable and effective team with Tortorella's tough love. This is probably the first team in 13 years that doesn't roll over and accept punishment and disrespect. I peg that squarely on Tortorella's methods and his choices for role models in the lockerroom.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote