View Single Post
Old
12-25-2010, 06:09 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
From hat tricks against two of the worst teams in the league.

If we want to go anywhere Gaborik needs to play like Gaborik, and there's no way to beat around that fact.

Absolutely. I'm not disagreeing that Gaborik hasn't played his best, or that we need him to perform. I'm not even entirely questioning Torts' method. My problem is more with the timing of it. He was quick to call Gabby out after his return. His calling him out after the last game of the year last season was embarrassing.

And in typical Torts fashion he's a complete hypocrite with it. He's the one who won't keep the lines consistent for more than two games with Gabby, and yet even if the lines play well he bails because Gabby isn't finishing. Has Gabby played great? No. But he's had his chances, he's just not burying them. The people on this message board who want to start threads about him being invisible are just ridiculous. He's Marian Gaborik. He's a goal scorer. Obviously if he's not finishing he's going to be pretty much invisible. It's not like he's Callahan and suddenly we're not noticing him. A guy like Gabby is going to start finishing again. It's just a matter of time. And anyone who has had a shoulder injury like that knows that even though he's "healthy" it takes a while to really feel like yourself again.

So Torts keeps switching things up when it's clear that Gabby wants consistent linemates. Then Torts keeps switching it even if the line plays well but just doesn't capitalize and then criticizes Gabby for not being able to keep his own linemates.

It just seems counter productive IMO.

We're not talking about a star player acting like a prima-donna or not working hard. To me it's more of a I'm-the-boss-here thing from Torts.

I just don't think it's justified.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote