View Single Post
Old
12-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Whatever you say; I have my grudges against old, inefficient, undriven players. I guess that's hating.

Gomez personifies untapped talent. I like the guy, he has skill, he has a top gear and he's a playoff performer but he's been mailing it in since he got the world's most ridiculous contract (nay, Jeff Finger @ 3.5) and it's been evident. He hasn't worked on his shot, he hasn't developed or innovated any other moves than the J-hook into the o-zone and he certainly stopped backchecking. Why should anybody "appreciate" him?

It won't hurt his feelings if a couple of fans on HFboards complain about him, trust me.

I want him to play well so it takes the stress off of Pleks and Eller. I want him to play well so he actually performs like a top6 centre. It's not blind hating if it's true. He's been scoring at a 56 pt/season rate for us - that's terrible!
It's true that Gomez doesn't have a great shot. Neither, for that matter, does Eller, who's become the flavor of the month. What most fans resent about Gomez is his inflated salary. It also doesn't help when he's compared with Plekanec, who's a better three-zone player.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote