View Single Post
Old
06-19-2005, 10:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
Usually the draft is at the end of June and I was assuming if things went the way they should the draft would be on the 25th of June this coming Saturday. But since I have heard no word on it can some one inform me. I also assume there wont be one cause if so i would have thought the picks would have been announced already. Or also are they waiting for a contract to be signed then have the draft.

Also whats the latest news on a contract signing, it would be nice to have an NHL season, but if not then i could care less. But i do look foward to some NYR hockey.

So some info on both situations would be helpful, so if anyone has any please pass it on so all who dont know will know.

Thanks
This is the latest on the draft:
Quote:
While there is still some painstaking work to be done to get a completed CBA, planning has to be started on some post lockout events that will happen soon after the new CBA is reached, such as the NHL Entry Draft. Sources say the very tentative date for the entry draft is August 6, although that could still change.

The NHL is apparently exploring the feasibility of staging a scaled down version of the draft in Ottawa, which was supposed to play host to the event on June 23. But the draft could also end up in the ballroom of a New York City hotel. Wherever it's held, it's expected only the top-end prospects will be in attendance and that NHL clubs will make their selections from their own cities by phone or internet.
Its pretty much 100% there will be a full season of hockey this year...so we will see our NYR hockey again. They will get a deal done sometime in the next 4 weeks(though the next 1-2 weeks is more likely)..lastest date would be July 15th IMO.

Not really sure what will be the deal with the contracts yet.