View Single Post
Old
12-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Islander102

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
I'd like to get some opinions on the EQ50. I think the weight idea is genious but how much would putting an extension in effect the balance? Watching a few videos of this stick I really want to try it out.

Thanks.
For the most part the EQ50 is the se16 to a T, just a little more naked, which shaves off a few grams in paint. IMO the SE16 had a much nicer look anyway. The EQ50 has basically the same features as the SE16, only difference is that they are visible from the outside of the stick. The FWT in the blade is visible instead of being painted over, and the FWT at the top can now be adjusted manually in the endplug. The lack of a total paint job also makes the kevlar visible.

Its a very good stick, but not worth buying if you can find an SE16 on clearance for the same price. The difference between the two sticks besides release year, and paint jobs (which is worth more on the market than technology by a wide margin) is minimal if any. But if youre worried about losing the feel of your SE when getting an EQ, dont be, they should feel identical.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote