Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
bonzaibondra12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbiaNW View Post
As for Alzner, I think he's really overrated. Sure, that sounds funny to say about a 22 year old defenseman who is still coming along. But Alzner reminds me of Ryan Parent in a lot of ways. Highly touted - with a Top 4 DMan upside - coming out of juniors, but doesn't seem to be good at any one thing at the pro level. Not mobile enough to be considered offensive, or the passes to consistently ignite the rush, and not aggressive or strong enough to be considered a stay-at-home. He strikes me as the garden variety type that will top out at 4/5.

I don't dislike Alzner at all, I just think he has so many holes in his game, and I'm not sure there is any one thing we can hang our hat on. He was an absolute stud in juniors, but not much has translated into his pro game.
Yea same with Carlson. Two rookies holding there own against Crosby and Malkin is nothing right? Or how about when they shut down the Stamkos line, when no one could?

Alzner has even shown a good shot from the point on a few occasions. He keeps getting better with every game he plays. It looks to me like he is living up to expectations.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote