Thread: Hannan
View Single Post
Old
12-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Capitlols

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbiaNW View Post
As for Alzner, I think he's really overrated. Sure, that sounds funny to say about a 22 year old defenseman who is still coming along. But Alzner reminds me of Ryan Parent in a lot of ways. Highly touted - with a Top 4 DMan upside - coming out of juniors, but doesn't seem to be good at any one thing at the pro level. Not mobile enough to be considered offensive, or the passes to consistently ignite the rush, and not aggressive or strong enough to be considered a stay-at-home. He strikes me as the garden variety type that will top out at 4/5.

I don't dislike Alzner at all, I just think he has so many holes in his game, and I'm not sure there is any one thing we can hang our hat on. He was an absolute stud in juniors, but not much has translated into his pro game.
You don't need to be either to be considered a shutdown guy. He uses positioning and stick-work to make the right plays in the D zone. However in recent games Alzner has shown some physicality and offense. Its hyperbole, but he reminds me a lot of Ryan Suter. Will never wow you offensively, but gets the job done defensively.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote