Thread: Josi/Blum
View Single Post
Old
12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
Franson to me seems to be making the same season-by-season progression that Klein did. They both had to hang around and develop for the NHL longer than a lot of us anticipated (mainly because Suter and Weber set the bar so high), and a lot of people wondered if either would live up to expectations. When each got the full ride it was a risk taken by management, Klein wasn't terrific his first full season and saw about 60 games with typical rookie struggles, then last season played a full schedule, showed some improvement but still had consistency problems and was often the whipping boy. Now this season it looks like he found his game in the NHL and has been our clear #3 guy.

Similarly Franson came in with around 60 games and had typical rookie struggles. This season he should play a full schedule, he's improved but still has consistency problems and he's often the whipping boy.

My money is on Franson really finding his NHL game at some point this season/offseason and being a steady and solid second pairing d-man next season.

And when Blum, Josi, COR, Ellis, etc get their turn, I would almost certainly bet that it takes 3 seasons for them to really become solid NHL players.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote