View Single Post
Old
12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I'd do Huskins and a 2nd for him but I doubt he waives his NTC for San Jose. He will have a choice of destinations that includes Dallas and Detroit. I'm fairly certain both teams can field a competitive offer plus get Langenbrunner's consent.

However, if that trade was made, it'd be doable and they'd arguably be better on the blue line for it.

Marleau-Thornton-Heatley
Clowe-Couture-Setoguchi
Mitchell-Pavelski-Langenbrunner
McGinn-Nichol-Mayers

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Demers
Wallin-Braun

In terms of helping the blue line, I think this makes them better but it carries with it a lot of risk. I'd rather keep Huskins over Wallin but that's not practical. Keeping both is pointless and most likely a hindrance to the team's success. However, I think Braun has earned a spot in the lineup and I believe he, like Demers, will benefit greatly from being in regularly and getting playoff experience.
I don't think getting rid of a one of our more consistent defensive defenseman would be that great of an idea, especially for the playoffs. I'm having a tough time understanding how "keeping them both is pointless and most likely a hindrance to the team's success"? You can give Braun more playing time after the deadline and during the playoffs. Just because Wallin's on the team, doesn't mean that he has to play.

param is offline   Reply With Quote