Thread: Sit Him Out!
View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 09:48 AM
HotToddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
You have to realize that Lowe traded the players mentioned for the good of the organization. Comrie's poor showing in the playoffs have nothing to do those trades. Salo, Smyth and others were critisized and came back with more fire. I can't believe you're defending Comrie on this. The non-financial issues that need to be resolved are the fact that Comrie is still not happy with the way he was treated.

I wan't them to keep him but if all this is true that the only thing holding up a contract agreement is Comrie wanting an apology for Lowe and having a clause saying he won't be critisized, then forget it. Build the franchise around Hemsky or some other player that requires less maintenance. Lowe already has to deal with the restrictions of operating financially in a small market. He doesn't need the other crap.
I'm sorry but Comrie has a right to be peeved at being publicly chastized by K-Lowe. Why does K-Lowe need to vent himself in public? What good does it do? Would it be right if Mike Comrie in the summer told a reporter "Gee K-Lowe really undermined our team by trading two of our best players and I really think he should of waited to the draft where he would have gotten more value and gave us a better chance in the playoffs this year"

That statement would have been pretty acurate yet I guarantee you the Oiler management would have been fuming. K-Lowe needs to bottle up his intensity and keep his big mouth shut.