View Single Post
Old
12-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Janney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I think if you put Wallin in the role and minutes that Huskins is in, you'd see similar results. Wallin sucks when he's being overplayed and outmatched. They're redundant because neither are particularly strong defensively. Neither are particularly strong at moving the puck. Both are at their best in the third pairing.

As for Braun, I'm sorry but unless there are personnel changes or some injuries, you can't give him more time after the deadline or in the playoffs. Anybody thinking that moving or sitting Wallin is actually going to happen is not being realistic. Wallin is going to play and that is just the way it's going to be so address things around him.
Huskins was one of the most responsible players last season, and has definitely been this year. I do not understand where that assertion comes from about him being bad at defense.

Wallin and Huskins are pretty much in the same role, both guys are averaging almost the same minutes (Huskins - 16:16, Wallin - 15:53).

Why is sitting Wallin not realistic? Because McLellen is so fixated on Wallin that he'll keep playing him no matter what? What makes you so certain that he will keep playing even if six other defensemen are playing better? The coaching staff made a very smart decision to send down Braun. Let him refine his defensive game then bring him up towards the final stretch and the playoffs. Thats when we'll probably see Wallin as the odd man out (barring any injuries).

Janney is offline   Reply With Quote