View Single Post
Old
12-28-2010, 12:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
90-91 was The Kings best and deepest team. Take the 92-93 team mentioned above and add Duschene and Robinson on D.

Add Elik and The friendly ghost up front.

People often forget that Gretz was hurt for most of the 92-93 season and Luuuuuuuuuuuuuc wore the C most of the year

Edit- Webster was also 10x the coach Melrose was
The D was MAYBE better, I'll give you that, but you can't simply "add" Robinson and Duchense to the 92-93 team. Basically we replaced Robinson with Huddy and Duchense was traded for Kurri. Really, it's a debate of which is better, veterans or youth, because the 92-93 team had Zhitnik and Sydor, while the 90-91 team didn't. Instead they had Benning and Watters. Obviously Sydor/Zhitnik were better NHL D-men long-term, and debateably had a better 92-93 season than the 90-91 seasons of Benning and Watters.

Offensively, I like 92-93 better upfront. We dropped Elik and Kudelski and replaced them with Carson, Kurri, Millen and Donnelly, all of whom scored (minus Carson) scored at a 69 point clip over a full season (Millen I think people forget scored 23 goals in 42 games that season for us).

In net, I may give the edge to the 90-91 squad, as Berthiaume as a backup is my preference over Robb Stauber.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote