View Single Post
Old
12-28-2010, 11:10 AM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
By the way, teams do bench players making $2.5 mil/yr, they even send them to the minors.
Just to quickly chime in: absolutely agree on this. This team will struggle defensively at best in the playoffs with the likes of huskins and wallin as regulars on the D. They bring absolutely nothing to the game for us except wasted salary money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
As for Braun, I am definitely considering the fatigue factor but all things considered, that's a risk I'd be willing to take over proven mediocrity that you get out of Wallin and Huskins. He is actually part of the solution that the Sharks need to move towards. Mobility on the backend, a good shot from the point, and consistent offensive production. And we've already gone through what could go through with Braun in Matt Carle and he didn't have that problem his first year so it can be done if they choose to.
P.f., I personally, completely agree with you here on Braun. Given a regular chance, we could find him to settle himself into our lineup and at the minimum, give us a heck lot more than what we get from either huskins and wallin. And at a whole lot less dollars (which would free up quite a bit for us to go out and get a solid #3 D man, if we dropped the likes of wallin and huskins unilaterally that is - possible a little extra playtime for Joslin as well if it takes a bit of time to pick up a #3, say until the trade deadine. Still a better option than those two wastes we have now).

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote