View Single Post
Old
12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
First of all, people highly over-criticize Derek Joslin. He hasn't been the worst d-man or one of the worst. He doesn't play enough to justify such a ridiculous statement. The team hasn't scratched the surface of what they could get out of Derek Joslin but until they play him and give him a bit of a leash, it will never be seen.
No, he gets play time, but there's a reason why it's not a lot and only limited to an average of 13:09. Scratched the surface? Come on, you're telling me that management has been putting off on giving Joslin a "real chance" for the last 3-4 seasons because they're unaware of his potential.

Quote:
As for Braun, I am definitely considering the fatigue factor but all things considered, that's a risk I'd be willing to take over proven mediocrity that you get out of Wallin and Huskins. He is actually part of the solution that the Sharks need to move towards. Mobility on the backend, a good shot from the point, and consistent offensive production. And we've already gone through what could go through with Braun in Matt Carle and he didn't have that problem his first year so it can be done if they choose to.
I don't quite understand the point you're making here, I think the sentence is just confusing.

Quote:
As for Wallin, you're only fooling yourself if you actually believe that and it makes it really difficult to give you any sort of credibility in this regard. Wallin's not going to be benched. Not now, not later, and certainly not in the playoffs. Doug Wilson simply will not allow that to happen.
Unless if you have some weird telepathic link between yourself and DW or, at the very least, if there are quotes you have to back up this statement, I don't understand where your assumption of this supposed "love affair" between management and Nic Wallin comes from.

This is just starting to become a pissing match.

Basically it breaks down to this:

Pinkfloyd - Braun should be called up now to make an immediate impact. Huskins should be traded. Wallin will not be benched. Joslin needs more ice time to prove his worthiness.

Param - Braun needs time to simmer in the minors, bring him up towards the end of the season and playoffs. Losing Huskins eats away at our depth. Wallin is better than Joslin. We should not put too much faith in Joslin.

param is offline   Reply With Quote