View Single Post
Old
10-08-2003, 10:27 AM
  #13
incawg
Registered User
 
incawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Umberger's still unsigned and from what I've been hearing may remain so for a while (maybe the whole season). Bertuzzi's deadline is tomorrow (Oct. 9) so if I were Brian Burke I'd get on my ass and send him another offer. If BB doesn't get his name on a contract today or tomorrow then there is a chance that Bertuzzi walks for nothing. The new CBA is talking about changing the age of UFA from 31 to 29. Bertuzzi turns 29 in February, therefore if Burke doesn't sign him before July 1 and that new CBA kicks in (doubtful, but possible) then Bertuzzi would be able to sign elsewhere.
Bertuzzi apparently sent the canucks an offer that they're "mulling over".

Umberger is going to lose out BIG if he holds out. It's a virtual lock that rookies are going to be the first thing the NHLPA caves on in the new CBA. Not only will he lose a valuable year if he holds out, he's also going to lose significant money. Hopefully both sides can come to an agreement.

incawg is offline