View Single Post
Old
12-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Derick*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regal View Post
I never said that players like Thornton and Getzlaf and St. Louis would be in the minors, but that a lot of stars may not get the same opportunities playing second fiddle to bigger stars. Yes, things are fluid within a team, and if a player is deserving of more time he would get it, but I'm not really talking about Art Rosses and trophies. I think the very top spots would always be similar. But when you start looking at the 8th, 9th, 10th place scorers, there seems to be a lot more competition for those spots. Part of it is a talent increase, and part of it is opportunity created by more top line positions. A guy who might get an 8th place finish if he was playing on a top line and PP with great linemates on one team, might only be a 14th place finish on another team with a great first line and not much depth. I think there's so much that can go into point totals and there's so much fluctuation on a yearly basis that more teams are bound to affect it to some extent. It's certainly not 5 times harder though.
I agree.